Association of Kenyan Diaspora in Belgium and Luxemburg (A.K.D.B.L) provides a forum for the Kenyan Diaspora in Belgium & Luxemburg to maintain and enhance its sense of identity, and promote and advance its individual and collective interests.
A.K.D.B.L is a non-profit organisation (ASBL/VZW) registered under Belgian law, registration number 0828.041.389
To contribute to the emergence of a strong and vibrant federation of the Kenyan Diaspora in Europe capable of furthering the political, economic and social interests of its members in collaboration with other Kenyan Diaspora associations, in particular in the United States and the United Kingdom.
To provide a forum for the Kenyan Diaspora in Belgium and Luxemburg to maintain and enhance its sense of identity, and promote and advance its individual and collective interests.
Recognizing the opportunities presented by the establishment of structures and instruments specifically targeting the Kenyan Diaspora, the association will aim to:
- Develop close relations with consular services in order to promote the particular interest of the Kenyan Diaspora in the Benelux countries and act as a relay where specific issues or problems raised by members need to be addressed by the consular services with the Kenyan government or with the host governments.
- Provide a forum through which members of the Kenyan Diaspora will be able to access as well as exchange news and information on issues of particular interest including information on events organized both in Kenya and abroad by the Kenyan government such as investment conferences, property exhibition events, etc. and lobby for similar events to be held in Continental Europe.
- Promote greater interaction and networking within the Kenyan Diaspora in the Benelux countries through the establishment of a website and a database of skills and professions.
- Lobby the Kenyan government to pass legislation that will provide greater protection of the rights and interests of the Kenyan Diaspora in collaboration with other Kenyan Diaspora groups and associations.
- Support the development of projects by members or associations of members that could benefit Kenyans at home or in the Diaspora and provide information on sources of support and funding targeting potential entrepreneurs in the Diaspora.
- Recognizing the opportunities presented by the declaration of the African Diaspora as the sixth region of the African Union, seek to represent and promote the particular interests of the Kenyan Diaspora within the Belgian chapter of the African Diaspora.
- Promote the social welfare of the Kenyan Diaspora through supporting the organization of cultural and social events and activities.
Meet the Team
President: Ruth Owino
Secretary: Mukami Namu
Treasurer: Anne Oloo
Association of Kenyan Diaspora in Belgium and Luxemburg (A.K.D.B.L)
Rue d’Edimbourg 26
1050 Brussels, Belgium
Registration no.: 0828.041.389
IBAN: BE68 0689 3335 4134